Quality & Care in One Package
Pennex is one of the leading export packing companies in the UK. Our bespoke services include: the design, manufacture, assembly and packing for road, air and sea freight cargo of all sizes, constructed to British Standard 1133:2011. Our custom crate designs are commensurate with the weight, volume, value and fragility of the consignments, and allow cargo to endure the rigours of handling on the chosen mode of transport. Materials are sourced from purpose managed renewable plantations and are compliant to ISPM 15 regulations and the UK wood marking programme.
A wide variety of packaging is available to export pack any category of cargo to provide adequate and suitable protection throughout its domestic or international journey. Our mobile export packing teams provide further services for export packing at client’s premises, anywhere in the UK, in circumstances where they prefer equipment to leave their own facility fully protected and packed for transport.
< Warehousing | Case Making & Supply >
to Cases & Crates
- Full case bespoke export pack or open crate style available.
- Packing cases lined with kraft paper and shower-proof membranes.
- Cargo is blocked, chocked and internally secured for safe transit.
- Material preservation in pre-packing process is available if required.
- We offer the options of screwed or nailed assembly.
to Wooden Skids
- Bespoke designed close boarded wooden bases for heavyweight cargo.
- Skeletal frames, two- and four-way entry, standard and non-standard pallet sizes are available.
- Saddle and cradle manufacture for small and large vessels/tanks can be constructed unique to the vessel shape.
- As necessary cargo can be covered, shrink wrapped and sealed to base for weather proofing.
- Our custom export packing services are suitable for domestic and international shipment.
- All packaging and designs can be applied to lightweight consignments too.
- We offer bespoke export packaging services for heavyweight, out of gauge machinery, skid packages, and large structures of any description.
- ‘Hood boxing’ can be provided for large steel skids already housing an equipment package but requiring protection in transit, achieved through a custom framed hanging pack design.
- Vessel and tank cradle/saddle manufacture on wooden skids can be designed to provide safe stowing to flat rack containers.
- Large units can be vacuum packed in aluminium foil bags tailor made at our workshops to accommodate all sizes, prior to long-term storage.
- Structural steel and pipes can be bundled, skid mounted and weather proofed for ease of break bulk handling.
Fine Art, Antiques and
Glass Export Packing
- Custom foam lined, and cushioned picture frame cases made and export packed to order, with optional extras of shock and tilt indicators.
- Fine art, paintings, sculptures, glassware and mirrors are all packed for export with specialist care to ensure safe arrival.
- Highest quality foams and padding materials are used for shock absorption both inside and outside the package where necessary.
- Chandeliers are packaged in frame-supported internal case structures for ease of handling.
- Large- and small-scale art can be collected, export packed and couriered around the world.
- IATA and IMDG approved packing and documentation is provided for shipment.
- Our IATA approved, Dangerous goods by air, qualified experts offer custom export packing and documentation services for shipping dangerous goods by air.
- Compliant packing to IMDG standards for seafreight.
- UN approved outer packaging for multi modal transport.
- All specialist export packing services are conducted in house, as a one stop provider.
at Your Premises
- Fully equipped mobile export packing unit can attend any UK location.
- Lifting facilities provided as required to include container loading and material handling.
- All types of export packaging protection available including vacuum packing and shrink wrapping.
- We also offer out of hours working, for factory and site clearance, machine removal and relocation.
- Case assembly on your site can be accommodated too.
& Vacuum Packing
- Corrosion and humidity control with sealed aluminium foil bags.
- Vacuum packing with desiccant drying agent for moisture limitation.
- Available for export cases, crates or skid packages.
- Foil bags manufactured to any size.
- Plastic shrink or stretch wrapping for cost effective waterproof alternative.